So what is Business Etiquette, really? Basically, it’s fair treatment for men and women, those with disabilities, all ethnic backgrounds, from all walks of life and ALL business titles. It is:
- Consistent demeanor that improves your credibility on all levels!
- Showing manners and appreciation and treating clients like guests.
- It is not carelessly making people wait. If there is a good reason that they need to wait, someone should explain why and when you will be available.
- It is not speaking in a derrogatory manner or interrupting.
- It means not leaving messes for others to clean up. Administrative staff are not maids in the lunchroom!
- It is showing respect, confidence and professionalism by dressing appropriately for business.
- It includes honoring people’s time and keeping your commitments.
These are powerful attributes that exude strength and decorum. Stay tuned for the benefits that can make a real difference in our next blog.
For more information on a seminars or personal coaching, contact Rita Rocker, Chief Communications and Image Officer, Transformation Academy, 402-968-3250 firstname.lastname@example.org, www.transformationacademy.
Follow Rita on FaceBook: Rita Rocker; Twitter: @Rita_Rocker LinkedIn: http://budurl.com/ayjl YouTube: RitaRockerSpeaks