Life coaches are experts at helping their clients attain a higher sense of self, a deeper connection with their lives, and a more positive outlook. However, spiritual coaches take this one step further–they help clients evolve their highest selves by adding a spiritual component to their coaching methods.
Clients who live a spiritual lifestyle and are in touch with the immaterial may want to add this spiritual element to their life coaching plan. As a spiritual life coach, it will be your job to help clients reach their potential through mindset shifts, guided meditation, goal attainment, and whatever spiritual modality speak the most to you and your clients.
Starting a coaching business can be challenging at first, but with the right steps—and the right certifications—it is achievable. Transformation Academy is here to explain how.
What is a Spiritual Coach?
A spiritual life coach is someone who works to connect clients with the spiritual tools and resources necessary to improve their lives. Spiritual coaches take strategies familiar to life coaches—like positive affirmations, negative thought replacement, and self-discovery—and add a spiritual element to them.
Spiritual coaches can help clients overcome a variety of problems in their lives. This might include problems related to feeling unfulfilled at work, uncertain of their life’s direction, or even challenging relationships with loved ones. They also help clients gain higher perspectives of their lives so that they can see their circumstances as having meaning, hope, and a greater purpose.
What does a Spiritual Coach Do?
Spiritual coaches usually meet with clients one-on-one with clients in person, however, they can also choose to interact with clients through group sessions, text messages, or virtually through phone or videoconference.
Spiritual life coaches don’t fix their clients’ issues for them—instead, they provide them the mental, physical, and spiritual tools they need to face their own challenges straight on. Spiritual coaches do not directly engage in their clients’ life, just like a basketball coach does not leap onto the floor and start playing. They are simply there to offer guidance, support, encouragement, and strategic tools to help clients reinvent themselves and regain alignment..
Who Hires a Spiritual Coach?
Anyone who is serious about developing an empowered mindset and deeper spiritual connection to life can benefit from the services of a spiritual coach.
Spiritual life coach clients can come from all walks of life.
– Entrepreneurs that want a conscious business that is in alignment with their values
– Professionals who want to feel more fulfilled at work
– People in search of their calling or life purpose
– People seeking more balance and harmony in life or relationships
– Anyone who finds themself drawn to a spiritual path who wants a partner to discuss their experiences with or a guide – to point them in their true direction
How Much Can a Spiritual Coach Make?
According to Zip Recruiter, the average spiritual life coach salary is around $50,000 per year. However, it’s important to note that salary can vary widely depending on several factors such as:
– Size of your client base
– Years of experience
– Marketing strategy
– Cost per session
– Product offerings
Top spiritual life coach salary earners can make at or above $100,000. Like any career, one of the most important factors in determining how much you earn as a spiritual coach is your time in the field. The longer you’ve been at your practice, the more you’ll be able to charge for sessions, and the more sessions you’ll be able to secure.
Spiritual Coach v. Life Coach: What’s the Difference?
Life coaches and spiritual coaches have a lot in common. Both help clients to better themselves, provide them with mental tools to overcome obstacles and help them to live life to the fullest. However, spiritual coaches bring a unique perspective to the table.
While a regular life coach might not want to bring up concepts like energy, God, reincarnation, Karma, or meditation, a spiritual life coach may make ample use of these concepts. Ultimately, spiritual coaches help clients connect with a power beyond themselves.
Note that spiritual coaches—and spiritual coaching clients—do not need to be religious. While religions focus on a set of doctrines and practices, spiritual people prefer a more direct connection with greater power. Spiritual life coaches help clients maintain that connection while bettering their lives.
What Makes a Good Spiritual Coach?
A good spiritual coach has the right attitude, mindset, and tools to help clients work through challenges in their lives. They also have a close personal connection to the spiritual world, with knowledge about different spiritual traditions, so that they can help clients best connect with this part of their lives.
Good spiritual life coaches have personality traits like:
– Eagerness to help others
– Kindness when listening to people’s problems
– Compassion for all walks of life
– Good listening skills
– A connection to the spirit realm
– A positive, can-do attitude
– Entrepreneurial spirit
– A fundamental interest in helping people live the best lives they can
One way that spiritual coaches can cultivate the skills necessary to become a practicing professional is by attending training events and receiving a spiritual coach certification.
Spiritual Coaching Certifications Offered at Transformation Academy
Transformation Academy offers an impressive range of certifications that are critical for any aspiring spiritual coach. Some of our course offerings include:
- Spiritual Life Coach Certification. Start with the basics. In this course, we’ll explain foundational concepts, and answer the basic questions, like: what is a spiritual coach? What do you do on the job as a spiritual coach? How can I set up my business? Everything you need to know about how to become a spiritual coach is ready and waiting for you in this course.
- Meditation Instructor/Coach Certification. Meditation is an essential part of spirituality. Learn how to coach people through effective guided meditations in this comprehensive course. We’ll help you perfect your own meditation practice so that you can pass the knowledge on to others. Find balance, harmony, and peace—and then be prepared to spread your inner light in the world.
- Mindfulness Coach Certification. Mindfulness can extend beyond meditation—all of life can be lived mindfully. In this course, we’ll help you learn how to live in the present moment. And we’ll teach you to teach your spiritual coaching clients how they can find peace, happiness, and fulfillment by focusing on the present.
- Shamanic Life Coach Certification: Guide your clients on a journey into themselves using ancient Shamanic wisdom, tools, rituals and art that have been used for thousands of years to create greater harmony, health and wellbeing.
- Therapeutic Art Life Coach Certification: Use therapeutic art activities to help clients heal, reduce stress, and manifest their dreams using spiritual tools like manadalas, vision boards, and guided meditation painting.
- Yoga Life Coach Certification: help your clients release tension, clear their minds, increase energy, unblock stuck emotions, and increase their wellbeing using meditation, breathwork, simple poses, mantras and mudras.
- Forgiveness Life Coach Certification: Help your clients conquer what is perhaps the greatest spiritual teacher of all: forgiveness. Help them free themselves from resentment, anger, guilt, perfectionism, self-sabotage, stress and unworthiness.
For a full list of offerings, be sure to check out the complete Transformation Academy Course Catalog. We offer countless courses on a variety of coaching topics including tactical best practices for getting your clients great results and proven strategies for creating a thriving coaching business. No matter what direction you want to take your life coaching business, we have a course to help you on your journey.
Benefits of Becoming a Certified Mindset Coach
There are countless benefits that come with starting your own journey as a spiritual life coach. By connecting with the spiritual realm, and working directly with clients on their own spiritualities, you develop a deeper appreciation for life.
In addition to deepening your own spiritual experience, there are several advantages to being a certified spiritual coach. You can:
- Empower others in becoming their highest selves. By providing tools, guidance, support and accountability, you empower your clients to make decisions that are in alignment with their deepest desires, live a meaningful life, and reach for their true potential. That alone is one of the reasons why so many individuals are drawn to work as spiritual life coaches.
- Run your own company. Spiritual coaches are frequently the proprietors of their own businesses and are in charge of their own schedules. Gain an even deeper sense of fulfillment by becoming your own boss.
- Work from the comfort of your own home. If you decide to become an online spiritual life coach, you’ll be able to work from the convenience of your own home. You can also work from an office, while traveling, or anywhere else you’d like.
- Develop your own spiritual awareness. Teachers can also be students. As you help deepen clients’ spiritual connections to their lives, you will also be able to deepen your own spiritual connection to your own.
Contact Us Today to Learn More About Spiritual Life Coach Certification
Not sure where to start on your journey? Stop asking how to become a spiritual coach, and actually start your path to becoming one! Connect with us across our social media and content platforms, learn more about the Transformation Academy method, and see how we can help you change your life—and help change others’, too.