Exploring Niche Coaching
12 Major Coaching Niches:
- Goal Attainment
- Life Skills
- Industry Specific/Skills
There are dozens, even hundreds, of other, more specialized niches. You can find a list of over 80 examples on the following page. We’ve also included 10 niches that are currently trending around the world.
So, the question is: how does a coach choose a niche? Ultimately, you want your niche to be who you ARE. We’ll explore how to identify your niche in another video. For now, let’s look at how other coaches narrow down the focus of their coaching
- Many coaches narrow their focus by working exclusively with a specific age group or population, which they can uniquely relate to, such as empty-nesters, retirees, recent graduates, or people rebuilding their lives after illness.
- Other coaches offer services in which their lifetime’s worth of career experience can serve as a catalyst for their clients’ careers, such as entrepreneurs coaching budding entrepreneurs, seasoned sales professionals coaching budding salespeople, or anyone with expertise that someone else would want access to. This type of niche is more like a coach-consultant hybrid.
- And some coaches choose niches based on personal experience they’ve had, whether it’s a challenge or pain they overcame, a skill they developed, or a process they perfected.
Niches can be as unique as the coach who offers them!
12 Major Niches and Their Sub-Niches:
- Desires and goal setting
- Long and short term planning
- Success (fulfillment)
Health and wellbeing
- Weight loss
- Coping with illness or injury (specific ones)
- Coping with loss and healing
- Coping with chronic illness recovery
- Diet (raw, vegan, or vegetarian)
- Health insurance advocate
- Soul mates
- Cross cultural
- New parents
- Blended families
- Aging parents
- At-home parents
- Focus and intention
- Overcoming limiting beliefs
- Neuro linguistic programming
- Life purpose
- Law of attraction
- Mid-life crisis
- Intuitive development
- Intuitive guidance
- Debt management
- Financial freedom
- Abundance mindset
- Making money
- Social security benefits
- Career transition
- Recent graduates
- Career development
- Life purpose
- Returning to college
- Interview training
- Public speaking
- Time management
- Working from home
- Family business
- Joint ventures
- Business growth
- Online business
- Work/life balance
Industry specific skills (using arts and creativity as an example)
10 Coaching Niches that are Trending Currently
(By Country, 2016)
*Disclaimer: based on research through Google Trends
- Agile Coaching (Corporate): Currently trending in the USA and Australia.
- Small Business Coaching: Currently trending in Australia and South Africa.
- Leadership or Executive Coaching: Currently trending in the United Kingdom and the USA.
- Success Coaching: Currently trending in Belgium, South Africa, New Zealand and Finland.
- Mindfulness Coaching: Currently trending in the USA.
- Emotion Coaching: Currently trending in the United Kingdom.
- NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) Coaching: Currently trending in Norway and Sweden.
- Macro (Macronutrient Based Nutrition) Coaching: Currently trending in the USA.
- Health and Wellness Coaching: Currently trending in Canada.
- Physical Fitness Coaching: Currently trending in Canada and Switzerland.
Are you ready to discover YOUR purpose-driven life coaching niche?
3-Part Article & Video Series
Click below to view additional blogs in the series.